Sonntag, 7. August 2016

Lolita Blog Carnival - What keeps you involved in lolita?

Hello again!
I've been so busy I had hardly time for anything! ( *∵* )

But I've been wanting to share some of the stuff I have been up to for quite a while, so hopefully I'll be posting more regularly again 。(*^▽^*)ゞ

So first off I wanted to take part in this Lolita Blog Carnival; a bit of an easier way to get back into blogging I guess!


This week's subject was: "What keeps you involved in lolita?"

✧ Lolita vlogs! I love watching lolita themed vlogs and I'm always on the lookout for new vloggers. My favourite ones are:

Instagram. Probably 70% of the people I follow are into lolita fashion. I like to marveI at their coordinates, get inspired by things they wear or when I can't wear lolita myself I can at least look at beautiful outfits that way. I also like to keep up with indie brands and their releases via Instagram.

✧ My friends and the local community. One of my flatmates wears lolita regularly and also some more friends of mine (who I sadly don't see that often). As our comm is quite an active one I see them either at meet-ups or we meet up in smaller groups for coffee & cake or go to the theatre. Seeing how they wear the fashion and coordinate their pieces also inspires me and it always makes me happy to look at beautiful clothes (*’∀’人)♥

✧ Reading lolita blogs. Again most of the blogs I read are about people who wear lolita fashion. I'd say fashion is of course the primary reason why I read those blogs, but through them you also get to know and like the people and that is what interests me the most - seeing what people who enjoy the same fashion as me are like!

✧ Reading the Gothic & Lolita Bible. Not religiously, but I enjoy leafing through the ones I have and get a new one from time to time.

✧ More social media like Twitter or tumblr. I enjoy following lolitas as well as brands.

I hope this was interesting to read!
Thanks for stopping by! See you again soon ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡

Check out the other participants here:




Kommentare:

  1. wonderful post ♡ the funny thing is, I never wear lolita but I really love to watch all those gorgeous coords.
    Sometimes I'm thinking I'm lolita in everything but my wardrobe XD my home, my love for tea and books and everything from the 19th century. Maybe some day it will have influenced me enough to start wearing it but for now I love to read Blogs like yours.
    So basically what I wanted to say is your post WAS interesting to read and I'll give you a follow :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for the kind comment and the follow! :D That's funny, I can totally relate to the "admirer's view" when it comes to lolita. We simply share a certain aesthetic and I think it's beautiful to connect in that way.

      Löschen
  2. I definitely love the social media side of Lolita. I'm subscribed to all the channels you listed (and a few others), and especially when I'm at work I love spending my evenings either watching Lolita videos or reading Lolita blogs, or browsing through photos (e.g. on CoF or Alice Holic). It keeps me inspired and helps me grow as a Lolita, seeing how other people coordinate their pieces and what sort of details to look out for when putting together an outfit. :)


    http://cupcakes-and-unicorns.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment :D I feel exactly the same way! I like watching Lolita videos while having breakfast; while other people read a newspaper I scroll through Instagram and YouTube and check out what's going on in the lolita world ;)

      Löschen
  3. Thanks for the mention <3 It feels really good to know that people still watch lolita-related vlogs and blogs, even if it comes from a fellow blogger. Everything on this list made me smile and think "Yep, I agree with that." Lolita is such a well rounded hobby :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks for the mention <3 It feels really good to know that people still watch lolita-related vlogs and blogs, even if it comes from a fellow blogger. Everything on this list made me smile and think "Yep, I agree with that." Lolita is such a well rounded hobby :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I totally agree about lolita blogs (in fact, they're probably my favourite thing about the current online lolita community as they're such a throwback to a much more connected, less fragmented era of the community! I'm one of those people who rather misses when egl on livejournal was thriving!)
    I enjoy looking at people's coordinates and reading their thoughts on various lolita topics... but there is also something so lovely about gradually seeing the personality of the blogger shining through. I like seeing other aspects of their lives and what their hobbies and interests might be, as well as the discussions that often take place in the comment sections. While I am really into fast, photo-based social media like instagram, I will always adore longer, text-based content, where I can take some time out of my day to unwind and read the new blog posts by lolitas I follow :)

    AntwortenLöschen